We’re all aware of the idea of Spring cleaning. If you’re ready to dive in, we’ve got some tips for Spring cleaning, plus a few other Spring things you should be doing to your home. Ready to Spring forward?
- Sell / Donate something. Take everything that doesn’t sell over to a local charity. Not only will you be doing a good deed for people in need, but your donation is also tax deductible.
- Trash something If you have large items that cannot be sold or donated, you don’t have to live with them taking up all the space in your garage. Haul ‘em out. Many cities will schedule a large trash pickup one time a year, while others have sites where you can drop off for free. Check with your local city for options.
- Clean / Scrub something The concept of spring cleaning isn’t about your normal program of vacuuming and dusting. It’s time to go deep. Move furniture and clean underneath and behind. Those are some world-class dust bunnies. Pull back the blinds and clean the windows. And while you’re at it, clean the blinds. They’re gross. It’s a good time to get to those things that need a little extra effort. That weird spot in the shower you’ve been watching grow? Zap it for good. Clean out your washing machine. Yes, they actually make washing machine cleaner.
- Organize something The closets you’ve been ignoring? It’s time. Really. Plan your attack and go for it. You never know what you’ll find in there that you’ve been missing (or forgot about).
- Renew something That ugly chair that didn’t sell at your garage sale? Maybe you could pretty it up with some paint or fabric? With a little time and effort, you might actually create a new favorite piece.
- Plant something Spring is the time to get your garden in gear. Flowers, bulbs, and certain veggies thrive in Spring.
- Update something Paint colors stuck in a decade-old funk? It’s time for a fresh coat. Check out NorthWest Ranch Supply / Tri – River for the latest trends in paint colors.
- Upgrade something Maybe it’s just time to chuck it all and move. The Spring buying season is upon us, after all. If you are thinking of moving, remember that all the same rules apply for getting your home sale-ready as they do for getting Spring ready. So, basically, you’re not going to be able to get around that whole shower scrubbing thing!
It is also a good idea to invite a friend or neighbor over….sometimes new eyes can lead to bright ideas! Also remember you can say thank you to your neighbors or other community members for a job well done, by nominating them for the Pay-it-Forward sponsored by Re/Max Red!
Article provided by Re/Max Red – Kremmling’s only locally owned real estate agency
Rebecca Guthrie, ReMax Red Broker/ Owner (970) 485-4141, [email protected] and Amber Lemon, ReMax Red Associate Broker (970) 531-2149, [email protected]